Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pitty Post Day #3: A post for Minnie

I know there are some pittie lovers out there without blogs, and I didn't want to exclude them from our Pitty Post Day, so I invited them to send me an email that I would include on my blog.  Well, I meant to post this on Monday, but I got carried away with all of the posts that everyone had!  So, I'm posting it today.  Please enjoy this heart warming story from my friend Minnie, the Pit Bull!


Minnie here, and I am proud to be a pit bull type dog! Many of my 2 legged friends and family had never met a dog that had my sparkling almond eyes, wide smile and blush-pink nose before I made my way into their hearts! Mama says that’s the most rewarding part since adopting me.
In honor of Blogville's Pittie Post Day, I’d like to tell you about my best pal, Peepers. Peepers is less than a quarter Pittie, but some say we look like sisters and that’s fine by me! Peepers was adopted by my Grand-mom and Grand-pop last year from the Baltimore Humane Society. And would you believe she’d probably never seen another dog before? Or chased a squirrel? Or dove for a Frisbee? Or chomped at the fluffy moths that flutter along the patio light? I heard grand-pop say that's because Peepers is blind. 

Grand-pop asked me to help socialize Peepers and show her the ropes about all there is to know about being an obedient little lady. I happily obliged as I knew spoonfuls of peanut butter would be waiting as reward. First, I wanted to show her how to have off leash fun around the house. We did have to start sloooowly, so I laid down submissively so she could come and sniff and know I'd be gentle with her. Now we romp around like the best of ‘em! I try to make sure that Peeps doesn’t run into those rough trees and prickly bushes but sometimes she’s just too quick for me! Since I love food, next on the list was how to get treats with a basic ‘sit’ which she took to quickly. Between you and me, sometimes Grand-pop becomes a treat dispenser if you just give him the ol’ puppy eyes. But I didn’t tell her that ‘cause it my own secret. Next on the list was loose leash walking and general walking manners. My mama taught me to behave like the gem that I am out on our walks ‘cause some folks may be uncertain of my charming blocky head. I think that’s just plain silly! I told her it’s good for all dogs to know their manners outside, plain and simple.

Wouldn't you know?! It was pretty easy showing my blind pal Peeps the ropes! And would you believe that Peeps has also shown me a thing or two? We went swimming last year, and she couldn't even see the water but took to the pool like a fish! Mama says I cried when I saw the pool and only went in after I saw my dad splashing around. Also, Peepers shows me that sharing my bones and peanut butter ices can be a wonderful thing, which mama said I needed to work on anyway (nobodys perfect I guess)!

Happy Blogville Pittie post day everyone. Cheers to all of the wonderful canine companions out there and their loving, responsible owners!

24 comments:

  1. Hi Ms. Jenn and Corbin! Thank you for posting this story about my cousin Peepers. We are honored to be featured for Corbins birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...what beautiful pitties! First I wanna say I loves da mention of "charmin' block heads"...dat was very most inspirational. And not only dat da grand-pop brought in a pittie but a blind one at dat. I has to geves dat man a big kudos and big kiss! He be awesome sause fur sures.
    Minnie, than you fur sharin' your story of Peepers and it is so wonderfuls to meet you two.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sooo don't knows how to type today...ignore all my typos please.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, what a grreat story! I'm so glad to meet Minnie and Peepers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a nice story! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very nice to meet both of you! You's are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great story! Thank you Minnie for sharing. You are both BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this story, they not only look like sisters, but act like them too. They are so beautiful. Were gonna have to look into these peanut butter ices they share, sounds yummy.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  9. I simply LOVE this story!!! FANGtastical fur SURE... and thanks fur includin those who do NOT have a blog... We always WELCOME those Folks with OPEN PAWS you know. They are our Secret Admirers and we LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous pair you are!! Such a wonderful story, and Peepers is just amazing! Minnie, you are the bestest!

    Kisses,

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know Minnie very well but have never met Peepers. I know Minnie is a great buddy to crazy Izzy and puts up with a whole lot of her antics so it is no surprise she has served as seeing eye dog to Peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Peepers is beautiful! It appears that Minnie is doing an excellent job of teaching her the ways of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was just beautiful. What a wonderful story. Too bad the news doesn't do stories like that!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was beautiful, and so is Minnie and Peepers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great story, Minnie! You are a good teacher, that's for sure!!

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Corbin!
    I am so sorry I could not celebrate with you your Birthday!
    You know Blogger, right?
    But my mom read all the Pitty Posts! They are beautiful!
    This one is pawesome too!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, I love Minnie and Peepers - what a dynamic duo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Corbin, thank you for sharing this story, I could read your pitty pack stories every day. I am glad your special day was so good for you, you deserve it.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful story! You're the best, Minnie!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for sharing such touching stories...It's very nice to know we still have kind hearted people around and I pray for more...

    Licks
    Zelle

    ReplyDelete
  21. That story was amazing and so heart warming. Than kyou for sharing and bringing it to our attention. you are doing such a great thing with your pittie awareness my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, guest posts are so much fun. I love meeting your pittie pals.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful post, Minnie! That's so good of you to teach Peepers the things she needs to learn.

    Garth

    ReplyDelete