Friday, June 8, 2012

Birthday Fun

The momma and I are still absolutely astonished at all the Pitty Posts!  We planned on doing a recap today to include links to all of the blogs that participated, but it seems we keep stumbling across new ones!  So, we're going to spend this weekend making sure we have a link for everyone who joined in!  We've read all of them two or three times, and read every single comment for every post!  It's been so amazing to see all of the pitty love and we're so thankful for each and every one of you.

Now, aside from reading everyone's Pitty Posts, I'm sure you're wondering what I did for my special day?  Well, the momma and daddy-o took me and my foster siblings to get some ice cream!!!
I like my ice cream in a cone.

Eva enjoyed hers in a bowl, and boy, did she lick that up quick!

This may have been the first time Brutus has ever tasted ice cream... he savored every lick!

The momma was afraid Brutus might get a tummy ache if he's never had ice cream before, so he shared his second half with me.  Ya know, I'm the birthday dude, I get extra ice creams.

We think we made a good impression on the other humans getting ice cream.  But no one came over to pet us.  One lady had a Corgi/JRT mix who was going bonkers.  Me and my foster sibs just chilled, sitting all well behaved and the lady told her dog that he should behave more like us! BOL!  Yep, we're good kids.

He even gives me smoochies.... which is ok, I guess, in a brotherly sense.
Why does everyone like smooching me?

Also, I had my biweekly appt with Dr. Mike last night!  And... guess what?!  Wednesday marked week 3 of being yelp free, so Dr. Mike said it was A-OK to decrease my prednisone a little more!  AND, I don't have to go back to see him for another THREE weeks!  How cool is that?  Unless of course, something comes up.  And we did find a booboo on my toe that we have to keep an eye on.  BOL! Of course we found another issue.  What would a vet visit be without an issue?
Checkmark in the Handsome department.

Dr. Mike also put me on some Omega-3 fishy oils.  I get them in my breakfast and dinner to help my skin since it's gotten super dry and my furs have started thinning out -which is cool for summer, but I don't have lots of furs to begin with, so I'd be chilly in the winter time!  He said once we're done with my medications, my furs should return to normal, but in the meantime, the Omega-3 fishies will help.  Yum!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  Wish my foster kids luck at their adoption event tomorrow!  And, Emmett will be coming over to play this weekend too!  Catch ya on Monday!

32 comments:

  1. Oh I luvs ice cream...Can you send me a cone please!

    So hap-pee you's is feelin better every day. And did someone step on your toe??

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "check-mark in the handsome department" BOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Corbin aren't you the bestest of best behaved dogs!
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ice cream looks fantastic.... but the pretty puppy smiles made my day!

    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, something special for the Handsome Birthday guy, keep up the good pitty work Cobin. Now its treat time all around Blogville, may have to get you and Frankie the Mayor to get something worked up for that!

    Susie & Sidebites

    ReplyDelete
  6. That ice cream looks super yummy. I'm going to ask Momma about having some for MY birthday... as long as I don't miss out on my birthday cheeseburger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo, that ice cream looks really, really yummy! Nothin' beats ice cream on a hot day, huh? BTW, Ma says I would have probally been like the corgi mix - sometimes I just have NO MANNERS! I am alot better than I use to be, but sometimes I drive my Ma crazzzy! BOL
    Happy, happy Bday again, Corbin!

    Kisses,

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Unless of course, something comes up"...was dat a reference to da icey creams experience? OMD...I knows I not just say dat!!!!!!
    Ahem...okays. I am so happies dat you is feelin' all betters and nows you can shows da foster siblings how their is to experience. They is gonna be in fur a treat!


    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're looking foreword to reading the blogs to! We love how great you are. Icecream is the best treat for the birthday king :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! We thought you were off the ice creams because of what has happened previously... inquiring minds want to know... did it happen again???

    Happy Belated Barkday, dude.

    Sam and Pippen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ice Cream yum what a treat. So glad your getting better. We love fish oil pills we give them at both meals, what a difference it has made in the coats, and has taken the dry itchy away completely. Hope it works for you.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry we missed out on the Pities Post event. We love pitties even though we've only met them at the dog park, etc. We have never known one as a close friend. We hope to have a pittie as a good friend one day!

    Your birthday outing for ice cream was outstanding. Now we know what to ask for!

    Your new fosters are beautiful! Good luck with finding forever homes, guys. Our foster, Mario, is still looking for the perfect fit.

    Excellent news on your last vet visit. You are still handsome even with the lack of furs...we can't tell in your pix.

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie, Mack and foster Mario

    ReplyDelete
  13. We certainly love doggie ice cream in our home. Glad your birthday was wonderful and you checked out good at the doctor's office. Talk to the Greyhounds if you need coat connections for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a pretty good birthday! We go to the Dairy Queen for ours :-D Woofs from Jeffie & Rudy

    ReplyDelete
  15. That PUDDLES.... she just HAD to go and mention... THAT.

    Well I think it is Wonderful that you got to share your
    I Scream with your fosters. THAT makes it EVEN Sweeter.

    I Checkmarked the A PAW preeate box.. OF COURSE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, a HUGE checkmark in the handsome department! I went to McD's for an ice cream today, but then changed my mind and got a drink instead. Kind of wishing now that I had the ice cream. bol

    I'm glad you're feeling so much better, Corbin! I hope it continues until you don't have to take any more meds.

    I'm also glad you had such a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so happy you had a speical Birthday Corbin. I am even happier that you are yelp free! Pitty Day was fun and yes, there were posts everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Did your ice cream indulgence go without any, um, displays of yourself?

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    P.S. One week with no big owie! That is fantastic news!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so glad that you had such an awesome birthday celebration! You deserve it! And I think we need to have some doggie sundaes tonight in your honor!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope the ice cream didn't cause the same "little problem" as last time mate hehe! I have Omega3 fishy oil too! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love ice-cream! I think it's really good for summer, isn't it? So glad that you had some much ice-cream and you got to share it with your adopted siblings too.

    Hope the adoption goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Corbin, ice cream in the cone is the best cause you get 2 treats out of it. I am glad you got extra and I am especially glad your ouchies are going away. That is the best pressie of all.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  23. We are so happy to hear that you got ice cream, Corbin! It's the perfect treat for your birthday!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  24. It looks like you has a totally pawsome birthday big dude and that ice-cream looked totally yum! Tells you mom to look for fish treats too - we get some that are full of omega 3 and are tasty too

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great day! Happy birthday Corbin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Its not a birthday without ice cream!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://www.dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. The new foster siblings are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Howdy Corbin, we're glad your birthday was so much fun. Mmmm that ice cream looks so good. Good news too at the Vets. We have paws crossed that you will continue with good health. See ya mate. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory. P.S. We did a post for your birthday mate, but Blogger was a bum and didn't show it to everyone. Hope you can check it out x x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sharing the Sunshine Award with you, Corbin! Check my Talking Dogs blog post today for details.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You rilly are da most hansome dog my pal. I send you a man-smooch.....now i gotta werk on gettin a taste of that ice-cream stuff...

    ReplyDelete