Friday, October 21, 2011

Update on Uncle Harley & more.

Hi guys!  I know you were all very concerned when I posted that my Uncle Harley had his first seizure at age 9 last week.  Well, Grandma Lynda took him to his normal vet practice the day after his seizure and had a full blood work done.  The results came back perfect and everything looked great.  Mom read all of your comments and advice and relayed them to Grandma Lynda (she thinks me having a blog is a little kuku, crazy Grandma).  She came to the decision not to do the MRI... even if it did show something, she has already made the decision not to go through with Chemo.  The Road Dogs commented and mentioned they had past experiences with low calcium and low thyroid - this caught mom's eye because Uncle Harley has thyroid problems to begin with.  So she told Grandma Lynda and she took Harley in last night to see his regular V-E-T Dr. Mr. Mike, DMV.  He's also the Dr. Mr. Vet dude that I go see, unless it's an emergency... You see... Dr. Mr. Mike kind of owns the vet place... so he's kind of a big deal and only works a few days a week.  Mom knows him through those big dogs with hoofs that people sit on. 

Anyway.  Dr. Mr. Mike agreed that they should test his thyroid agian next week to make sure that's okay.  And he said that since Harley seems very much like his normal self, he's really thinking and hoping that this was a one time thing and it doesn't happen agian.  So, I'll let you know when we hear the results!
So, me, mom, Grandma Lynda and Uncle Harley would like to thank everyone for their well wishes!  We'll keep you updated on the pugster.


On another note... my beautiful Hannah will be adopted tomorrow morning.  There was this super nice couple that spent a lot of time with her at clinic last weekend and even waited until the very end to make sure she didn't get adopted by anyone else.  They were still upset over the loss of their previous dog earlier this year and were going out of town Saturday night, so they didn't want to make an impulse decision.  Mom wasn't sure if she'd hear from them, because people tend to do that a lot, but she got a great feeling from them and really liked them.  They emailed her on Tuesday to see how Hannah was adjusting and mom told them that she was falling in love with the little Brindle Brat.  Ok, well, maybe mom didn't use those words.  But she explained that every day Hannah gets more and more confidence... and let me tell you.  Girl doesn't need any more at this point.  She's like, Queen HBB (Hannah Brindle Brat).  She likes to sit on me and find me where ever I'm laying down and lay directly on top of me.  What?  Girl... I like the ladies, but snuggling might show some signs of attachment, so I'm not a snuggler.
Corbin's couch spot.
Mom... she's on my spot.
Move over Brindle Brat.
She used to be afraid to be outside, and liked to hid under the deck
NOT ANYMORE!
But... I am totally going to miss my little Brindle Baby
Er... Brindle Brat.
BUT!  She will not leave until I have just more more night of fun for her......  Stay tuned for our adventure next week!  Here's a clue..............................

22 comments:

  1. Oh Corbin, deep down we know you will miss her. Even if you do try to remember to call her brat rather than baby..... BOL
    Wags
    Ernie,Sasha,Chica,Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Corbin. You are so wonderful to take her in and find her a new forever home!
    We can't wait to see what is in store for you next new adventure with costumes...

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we meant to also say that was great news about Harley! We sure hope he stays healthy. Sounds like Grandma is on the ball with that.

    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news for Hannah. And I am sure you will get another pretty lady soon. Glad to here uncle Harley is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corbin you sure are the most thoughtful kid we know helping all these fosters
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you sure are lucky for these foster dogs! They don't stay long at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Corbin - Rufus has that very same Halloween costume! And Hannah looks BEE-YOO-TIFUL in her fairy princess costume! She and Ginger could be fairy princess twinsies! Have a fun night! Happy Pit Bull Awareness Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Corbin - I'll Kiss You!
    Love Princess Noodles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I can't wait to see your adventure! I'm happy she's getting a new pack.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Hannah!!!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and HBB make us actually INTRESTED in Halloween costumes :-)

    Great news about Harley. Please keep us posted!

    -Ruby and Bart

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good news about your Uncle :) Hope it was just the one time deal!

    Wow, even Hannah's got a costume! Awesome!

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Corbin,

    YaY fur Hannah! Thanks fur da update on Uncle Harley, I will keep sendin' him boxer puppy prayers..'kay?

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bet Grandma Lynda doesn't think Blogsville is such a 'kuku' place now. Hope Uncle Harley improves.

    You are going to miss the Brindle Brat. She looks like she makes a nice pillow.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Corbin - glad to see that another doggy will be going to a good home. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I'm glad Uncle Harley is doing good. I'll keep my paws crossed for him.

    And YIPPEE for Hannah! I know from pawsonal experience that brindle furs make one especially irresistible. I am wishing her lots and lots of happiness in her Most Perfect Home That Ever Was.

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such great news on both accounts! Let's hope they both work out for good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fabulous news about Hannah and we are so happy to hear about Uncle Harley!
    We love you in your costume, Corbin!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope that Uncle Harley feels better and that seizure monster never comes back again.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  20. We hope he feels better soon and we get the same reactions when we tells about our blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your header, Corbin, and if I were there, I'd totally kiss you!!! bol

    I'm sorry Harley had a seizure. I hope it was a one time thing too. And yes, please do let us know how he's doing.

    Congrats to Hannah finding a furever home! I hope she'll be very happy there.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad to hear that Harley seems to be okay and hope it was just a one time thing.

    Glad to hear that your foster sister is going to her furever home as well. That is pawsome news.

    You guys sure look cute in your costumes. :)

    ReplyDelete